This delicious ground turkey stuffed peppers recipe is a healthy alternative to traditional stuffed peppers. It’s truly one of my favorite ground turkey recipes!
HERE’S WHAT’S TRENDING!
I love stuffed peppers. I’ve prided myself on having the best stuffed peppers recipe in the world, but this recipe by my mom is a close runner-up. I love this ground turkey stuffed peppers recipe because it’s no-fuss and always a hit with my family.
I made these ground turkey stuffed peppers in a cast iron skillet, but honestly, you can put them any old sort of pan that works for you. I’ve gotta admit that I love how they look coming out of the oven in that pretty cast iron skillet, though!
I think I’ve mentioned before that I don’t like my stuffed peppers swimming in red sauce. This recipe has just the right amount of sauce inside, and you can certainly add extra to the skillet or pan before you pop it into the oven.
RELATED: Don’t miss my ground turkey vegetable soup recipe! Also, we’ve just uploaded a wonderful free printable measurement chart to help you remember how many cups are in a quart!
GROUND TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE
In an effort to reduce the amount of red meat we consume, we’ve been eating a lot of ground turkey. Ground turkey recipes offer a great way to reduce some of the fat in the dish, and frankly, I think my kids must prefer the taste of ground turkey to ground beef because these always go down the hatch without any complaints.
That’s saying a lot when it comes to my kids.
This ground turkey stuffed peppers recipe is great because it’s so versatile. If you would prefer ground beef, it’s an easy swap. You can also easily add more veggies to the mix or change the cheese.
You can lighten this recipe up even more by cutting back on the cheese or using a reduced fat cheese!
MORE POPULAR ARTICLES
I hope you enjoy this ground turkey stuffed peppers recipe. You can print the recipe below!
GROUND TURKEY RECIPES
Looking for some more tasty ground turkey recipes? You’re in luck, because we have a few great ones! I’ve also included a few ground beef recipes that could be swapped with turkey.
- Ground Turkey Vegetable Soup
- Ground Turkey Meatloaf
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Old Fashioned Goulash
GROUND TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS
- 6 large bell peppers, any color
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1 lb. 93% Lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 16 oz. jar crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your rice and set aside. You will need two cups of cooked rice.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers remove the seeds, trim the bottoms to help them sit flat in the skillet and rinse thoroughly. In a large pan boil the peppers for 5 minutes, remove from water and turn upside down onto a paper towel to dry.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil, garlic and onion, saute until tender. Add the turkey and brown until thoroughly cooked.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, rice, Italian seasoning, salt, pepperand 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and stir until blended.
- Fill the peppers evenly with the mixture, place in a lightly greased 10 inch cast iron skillet, or baking dish of your choice. Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove and add the remaining cheese to the top of peppers and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.