Let’s be honest, many of us spend an inordinate amount of time in our cars. It can be our home away from home. Yet, we often don’t keep it as tidy and organized as we do our homes. To enjoy your time in your car even more, try out some of these car organization hacks – they may be life changing.
1. Use a shoe organizer to keep important items within reach.
Rather than be straining to reach odds and ends you have stored on the floor, keep them handy and within reach using this shoe organizer. You can hang in behind the front seats or the back seats to organize goodies in your trunk. (via BuzzFeed)
Here are some of my favorites from this car organization hacks video:
- Keep your purse from falling over when you come to an abrupt stop using a scarf.
- Organize your center console with cups you can find at the dollar store.
- Make an all-natural DIY car air freshener using a small mason jar and baking soda and essential oils.
- Buy cheap, collapsible trunk organizers.
6. Organize your center console using a cheap popsicle mold.
You may not have been able to tell by this picture, but this organizer that looks like it is made to organize your center console is actually a plastic popsicle mold! I love this genius way to repurpose an item you may already have lying around the house. It is the perfect size for loose change, sunglasses, and your garage door opener. (via HGTV)
7. Use an empty gum container to keep change organized.
I hate having loose change in the car, but that has bitten me in the butt sometimes when I am in need of quarters for a parking meter. So, keep all your change organized in an empty gum container. (via BuzzFeed)
8. Create on-the-go kits for everything you might need in a pinch.
Putting these emergency kits together will take a fraction of the time it will save you! Think about it. You don’t have to make pit stops for snacks for a hungry kid. You don’t have to run into the store every time someone needs Advil or a band-aid for a blister. This is a perfect example of how you can spend a little time now investing in the happiness of your future self. Simply grab some inexpensive zippered pouches like these for <$5 each and fill with snacks, first aid, diapers, and whatever other emergency items you might need. (via Pinterest)
9. Hang umbrellas and your purse using carabineer clips from the dollar store.
Similar to the hack above using a scarf, you can use carabiners from the dollar store to secure items like your purse to the back of your seat. I love this hack because I can’t tell you how many times my purse has tipped over and the contents spilled out all over the floor. (via HGTV)
10. Keep plastic bags organized using a tissue box.
You never know when you are going to need a plastic bag to hold trash, muddy cleats, or wet clothes. So, keep them organized and at the ready with this awesome tissue box hack. (via HGTV)